Since it does seem like very different times are coming, let’s take a deep breath and do some planning for the pandemic times that lie ahead of us.
I probably would never guessed a year ago how these days I was going to be writing about social distancing and promoting online and virtual networking.
Since it does seem like very different times are coming, let’s take a deep breath and do some planning for the pandemic times that lie ahead.
Planning for a pandemic year: What’s next?
- Continue Learning Algorithms and Data Structures
- Terms like Big O, Recursion, or Dynamic Programming pop-in in coding interview questions all the time.
- This will also prepare me to deal with issues in terms of scale, patterns and methodically apply them to day-to-day coding problems.
- I’ll want to expand on advanced concepts to lay on top of my JS foundation. I’ll also want to improve my skills with TypeScript which seems to be growing in popularity.
- Here I’m thinking digging deeper into closures, OOP, FP, error handling and ES6+ features.
- Advanced React
- Building Catoro was an amazing experience that brought a deep interest in React.
- I’m thinking about implementing a React app without Create React App to practice using Webpack.
- Gain knowledge and implement React Hooks as well as testing.
- Dig into other server implementations, Firebase and GraphQL. Probably for this I’ll re-iterate on Yijing Ball Z to see how it plays with a different backend. Let’s see how many Yijing Ball Z’s can live on Github at the same time.
- React Native, Node.js, Angular, Smart Contracts and Blockchain development (in no particular order).
What could be next?
I’m curious to see whether (or not) I will follow this path a year from now. If there are unexpected coding experiences in the road ahead, well that could be even better. After all, I’m a big fan of surprises ;)